Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Vietnam Day 4

 Ok, so for some reason these pictures are really out of order so bare with me.... Today we set out to visit a Leper Colony in Na Trang, it was a very moving experience, but also felt incredible at the same time. These people are total outcasts from society and have to totally provide for themselves from within the compound they have been condemed to live in. They are truly grateful for the help we give them and I am so glad I was able to be a part of this mission to help them.....
 Thanks again to everyone that donated money to help me and my father get here! I can't thank you all enough!




 To give them something to help lift their spirits even more I climbed this massive rock out crop in the middle of the complex and then I planked it! Yeah baby! They had no idea what I was doing but loved it none the less.... No one had ever climbed the rocks before so they say and I will tell you, it was pretty high and I'm not sure the pics can do it justice.... had to be at least 40 to 50 feet up!



 This was temple we visited today in Na Trang that is over a 1,000 years old! Amazing there are things build so long ago by hand that are still standing!

 Had to throw in a little T1 art today too....

 and this was part of a little road side rest area we stopped at today! I could have stayed in this spot.... Forever!




 Downtown Na Trang from our hotel room.....
 This little boy was a cutie! He was selling packs of gum for 20,000 Dong which is less than a dollar.... Tiep gave him 50,000 and he took off running, we all laughed and said he just got ripped off and he said, he'll be back with change.... sure enough, this is him bringing back the change....

 Hangin out with some locals in the morning having some coffee and shooting the breeze.... can't even explain how cool it is to be able to do this.... without Tiep, it wouldn't be possible.... Thanks my friend!

Well that's all I have for today.... Heading deep into the hills tomorrow, so I should have way more cool stuff then.... Just not sure what internet will be like there....

Keep an eye out!

T1 Out! 







No comments:

Post a Comment